Monday 27 February 2012

Foley Sound

Foley sound is sound which is added to a film during post production. Foley sound is the remaking of sound that was filmed but has been done again. The new Foley sound is put in sync to picture and real time (film and television). So the sound is reintroduced. This can be done for any sound for example props, touching of things, moving object, clothes, itching etc.
The sound is recreated using the same thing or different things that the sound needed needs to sounded like. So making Foley sound is about trail and error because coming up / making the sounds can be hard.
Foley sound can help emphasis scenes and dialogue can over all can make a footage seem better.

Unfortunately we (group) were unable to use Foley sound for are prelim because we ran out of time. But we are planning to use Foley sound in are final piece.

Here is the clip I watched from the teaching blog which made / helped me understand what Foley sound is.

Overall I think Foley sound is a good software to use for sound and I do believe that using this instead of sound from filming is better because when filming the sounds can not be picked up properly or clear and using Foley sound created by people / yourself you get what you want and I don’t think any sound will be missed out. I can’t wait to make my own Foley sound because I think its going to be good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment