Tuesday 10 January 2012

Intertextuality

Intertextuality is a term to describe the visual referencing between films. Films "borrow" from each other so certain camera angels would be used, aspects of mise en scene, snippets of sound or methods of editing that have been seen in others.

After seeing the clip from Psycho, I had realised that in had a few things common with the other four clips some aspects were borrowed from Psycho. Other elements from each of the individual clip had been also borrowed from each other too.

For instant three films, "what lies beneath" and "step father","succubus" are taken place in the bath room with alongside a knife present. in what lies beneath  a man is carrying a woman's body to the bath tub leaving the water of the shower running. in the step father a man chases a lady upstairs. in the bathroom there is a lady who stabs the man with a knife and the shower curtain ripped just like in Psycho. In succubus a girl the camera follows a girl to the show area where she smells the garment of her victim then opens the door and stabs the boy with a knife. I've noticed films borrow the same sort of routine to capture similar elements of the film.

I had thought of five ways where I could use a inter textual reference which I may use for my title sequence production. they are any fighting angels I may use the same angles as the fighting scenes that Jackie Chan is used.I may think abut having a knife scene just like Psycho in the shower. Slow motions is a really good idea and I may use this to show memory and confusion just like Inception.Music I may reference to Edwin Starr "what is it good for", just like in Rush Hour. I may have scenes which refer to final destination and Scary movie, to give a sense of humour. I may have a similar character like the Jeepers Creeper Scarecrow for a good horror title sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment