Wednesday 25 January 2012

Final Prelim (with Soundtrack)

Here is group 24 final Prelim. We are happy with the outcome of the prelim because everything came together well at the end with the editing process and the soundtrack added using Soundtrack Pro. Apart from braking the 180 degree rule (which we all now know and full understand so we wont be doing that again when filming an shot reverse shot scene) and not having time to use Foley Sound we think we did excellent. We did what we had to do meaning there is a match cut of someone opening a door and entering a room and a shot reverse shot of two people talking.


I (Susan) came in at lunchtime to attend Rebecca's workshop to add sound using a new software Soundtrack Pro. At first I was unsure what to do but then Rebecca explained and then I found everything easy because the software was similar to what I used in secondary school for GCSE music. I looked around the library and found good sounds and I edited it by cutting the sounds and adjusting the volume levels. I am very happy with what I did especially with the sound I found for the fan. At first I was finding it hard to find a fan sound because I wasn't checking properly. But then I found a different sound that went well with my character entering the room and the fan turning setting the atmosphere and letting the viewer know something wasn't right.

No comments:

Post a Comment